Effective January 1, 2014, property owners who obtain permits to remodel a property that was built prior to 1994 are required to retrofit with toilets that use no more than 1.6 gallons per flush, showerheads with flow rates of no more than 2.5 gallons per minute and other interior fixtures that use less than 2.2 gallons of water per minute.
This applies to all single family property permits, as well as multifamily and commercial property permits where 10 percent or more of the square footage is included in the remodel.
By January 1, 2017, all residential properties in California that were built prior to 1994 will need to be in compliance with water fixtures as outlined above, which will bring them up to the same standards as homes built since 1994.
Don’t miss Seven Gables’ annual shredding and e-waste event which is being held this year at our Tustin office located at 12651 Newport Avenue, Tustin, California from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.. This is the perfect opportunity to safely and securely rid your home of all those unwanted papers and old or inoperable electronic devices such as computers, telephones, VCRs and TVs. You don’t even need to get out of your car! Just pull into our parking lot and a member of our team will pick up your items and give you a certificate of disposal for your records. It’s that easy!
For more information on our shredding event, please feel free to call me at 714 801-0827 or email me at BarbaraGrandolfo@aol.com.
2. A trend of properties staying on the market longer.
3. A trend of new homes entering the market and competing against re-sales.
4. A trend of interest rates rising to as high as 6%.
5. A trend of prices being impacted by increasing interest rates throughout 2014.
6. A trend toward multi-generational home sales.
7. A trend toward more use of the reverse mortgage, especially for baby boomers.
8. There will be fewer transactions in Orange County in 2014 than 2013.